Coaches, support staff and athletes! Please ensure to review the technical package for this years U17 / U19 Canadian Wrestling Championships & Cadet Trials. Ensure to meet eligibility and online entry deadlines!
Information below taken from Wrestling Canada:
Wrestling Canada- 2020 U17/U10 Canadian Championships +Cadet Trials
SUPPORT STAFF REGISTRATION
(Coaches, Team Leaders, Team Medical):
As part of WCL’s commitment to Safe Sport, all support staff (coaches, team managers, team medical, officials) will be required to provide proof of the following MINIMUM elements, by the registration deadline to receive accreditation.
Coaches, Team Medical:
Screening (Enhanced Police Information Check)
Make Ethical Decisions Evaluation
Respect in Sport
Making Head Way
Team Managers, Officials:
- Screening (Enhanced Police Information Check)
- Make Ethical Decisions Evaluation
- Respect in Sport
To receive a coach accreditation (eligible to coach during the event), coaches must have the following MINIMUM elements recorded in their NCCP transcripts, by the registration deadline
1 – Make Ethical Decisions Evaluation
2 – Competition Introduction CERTIFIED status
Registration deadline is March 06th, 2020 at 11:59 pm
Link to Coach Registration: SUPPORT STAFF REGISTRATION
Link to Officials Registration: OFFICIALS REGISTRATION
Eligibility Requirements for U17/U19:
- Competition is limited to Canadian citizens (athletes).
- The registration deadline is March 06, 2020 at 11:59 pm ET.
- LATE registrations will be accepted after March 06, 2020 (11:59 pm ET) & prior to March 20, 2020 (11:59 pm ET) but will be subject to a late fee.
- No registrations will be accepted after March 20, 2020 at 11:59 pm ET
- Ensure to complete all required forms found on the trackiereg registration website
Eligibility Requirements for Cadet Trials:
- To be eligible (to qualify) to compete in the Cadet Team Trials (Men’s Freestyle & Women), you must compete in the current Canadian Championships and you must:
1 – Place top 3 as a U17 at the 2020 U17 Canadian Championships; OR
2 – Place top 5 as a 17-year-old (born in 2003) at the 2020 U19 Canadian Championships OR if you are a 17-year-old (born in 2003) that is directly eliminated (i.e. second loss of the tournament) by an 18-year-old (born in 2002) that places in the top 5.
- Athletes 15 years of age (born in 2005) may compete with written parental consent and a medical certificate.
Link to Athlete Registration: ATHLETE REGISTRATION
For more information on upcoming events, see the BC Wrestling Homepage and Events Calendar