ADMIN Assistant/Membership Coordinator
BC Wrestling is currently searching for an Administrative Assistant/Membership Coordinator to work onsite at our Burnaby office. Successful candidates will have excellent customer service skills, be well organized, and must be outcome-oriented. The ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail is essential. Most importantly, successful candidates are able to organize and manage their time in an efficient manner, and will never stray away from their core job description unless asked to do so. You will be fully engaged and busy from the first day as the position commences during the start of the season.
- Serve as primary liaison with Association constituents by providing service support to the Wrestling BC membership, with prompt, and open lines of communication.
- Answer and direct all phone calls to the office.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms as directed.
- Aid in executing event registration for competitions hosted by the Association
- Maintenance of program event registrations, organization membership records. Update links to annual listing of provincial carded athletes, AAP athletes, awards etc.
- Maintain BCWA website with current information including news & events.
- Distribution of media releases regarding events and/or results when directed.
- Maintain contact lists and update contact information for office contact, coaching staff, Board of Directors, Officials, Coaches & Athletes Reps.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Maintain the filing system
- Book travel arrangements when directed
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Prepare and assist with BCWA Exec Committee meetings. Ensure all pre-meeting requirements are carried out, such as preparation and distribution of the agenda, as well as food and beverage/audio visual specifications.
- Provide general support and customer service to visitors
- Maintenance of on-line membership database.
- Monitor membership compliance – ensuring records on file for volunteer criminal records checks
- Notification of membership renewals.
- Collection of membership fees & signed rosters– recording payment in the on-line system & locking account.
- Other duties and special projects as directed by the Executive Director from time to time.
- Proven admin or admin assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures is considered crucial
- Possess a demonstrated ability to organize multiple tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure of time constraints
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- 2+ years of hands on administrative support experience
- proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook a must
- knowledge of operating standard office equipment
- excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- good research skills and attention to detail
- Be able to take direction effectively and be able to work productively both in a supervised and non-supervised setting.
Familiarity with the sport of wrestling is not essential, but considered an asset.
Most importantly, we are looking for the right fit with intricate team dynamics that will continue to grow with the Association.
This is a part-time position (approximately 20 hours a week) for term of 6 months. BCWA will re-assess the position at that time. Salary is competitive within the industry sector
We thank you for your interest in this position, but we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements. Only local candidates will be considered. Closing date for this position is midnight PST November 15th.
Please send resume to:
Fax (604) 737-3092 or e-mail: email@example.com
BC Wrestling Program Administrator/ Coordinator
Classification: Part Time/Student Summer Work
Function of Job:
BC Wrestling is seeking enthusiastic and motivated candidates to assist with various wrestling endeavors throughout the Summer months. Shifts will typically range from 6-8 hours in length. Some light travel may be involved. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience and insight regarding the operations of a provincial sports organization, and its associated organizations, while furthering personal enjoyment of the sport of wrestling.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, organize, develop, and implement wrestling events and maintain assigned recreational wrestling programs, including coaching and teaching responsibilities, and planning for team activities.
- General duties may include: program registration, conducting membership reviews , addressing inquiries, handling cash, answering the telephone, and processing general event registrations
- Supervise, train, and organize athletes and other staff as assigned.
- Coordinate scheduling of events for outside partner areas as assigned.
- Assess needs of each event, recommend actions, and make recommendations for changes for future events as required in a written report submitted to the provincial office.
- Identify and practice risk management protocols, safety, and welfare of facilities and sports participants, utilizing own knowledge concerning the care and prevention of athletic injuries.
- As required, manage the association webpage
- Provide support for the reorganization efforts of the provincial head office
- provide support to the provincial wrestling team leading up to and throughout the BC Games as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Acceptable Qualifications:
1) Must be between 15 and 30 years of age
2) Was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year
3) Intend to return to school on a full time basis during the next academic year.
4) Are currently a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program
5) Are a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been confirmed under the Immigration & refugee Protection Act
6) Are legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial legislation and regulations
7) Possess effective communication skills.
8) Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
1) Basic knowledge and understanding of fundamental wrestling movements and techniques
2) Experience with training athletes in the sport of wrestling, and other supervisory staff.
3) Some computer skills
4) Valid Driver’s License
3) CPR/First Aid certification.
If interested in this position please contact Mark Brkic at firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications due no later than Friday July 8, 2016
BC Wrestling offers a dynamic and exciting work environment to the successful candidate. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.